I was working with a designer on a logo that Chanda and I need for The Focus Group. He asked me the following questions I thought every company should ask before they begin their masterpiece.
* What kind of company are we (what do we stand for)?
o do we have a mission statement, purpose, values, etc?
* What kind of mood, feeling, or expression would you like the logo to portray? (Conservative, Flashy, Old School, Modern, etc…)
* If you could describe the business in one word, what would it be?
* Is there an iconic image that represents the company?
* What is the target market (be specific)?
* Can you describe the ideal customer?
* Do you want to preserve any of the elements from the old logo if you have one? Or do you want a new design from scratch? (Fonts, Colors, Logo Elements, etc…)
* Who are our competitors?
o What they are doing better than us?
o What do we do better than the competition?
o What are the things that the other companies do that we need to be certain that we do, as well?
* What are the greatest strengths of our company?
* What are the greatest areas of improvement for our company?